Red Hat 8.0 Box Set Freebie

Bryce Hardy brycehdy at sonic.net
Tue Oct 15 09:57:28 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 09:20 am, Dave Cooper wrote:

> OK... You've got me wondering... What is it that you do with
> non-tampered KDE ?
>
> I have been using RH, but have some friends saying " Go SuS

Oh, I knew I shouldn't have facetiously mouthed off on that one, you know I'm
sure the BlueCurve modification is fine and dandy. I just don't like it. I
actually came to Linux originally through wanting to try KDE, especially
Konqi. I was so bored with Windows I was trying to find any kind of
alternatives. That's how I ran across Linux and decided to switch. (That and
the politics of open-source vs monopoly etc.)

The thing is KDE is a great development for all the Aunt Bessies and Uncle
Joes out there that might want to try Linux. I don't think Gnome is meant for
them, and basically BlueCurve Gnome-ifies KDE more than the other way around.
That's all really, if you're an experienced user it's probably a matter of
preference.

--
Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA)
brycehdy at sonic.net