HTTP_WEFERER

Warren Raquel warquel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:47:02 PDT 2002

I have a LAMP site that uses HTTP_REFERER as part of the security. It turns
out that personal firewalls like Norton Personal Firewall and ZoneAlarm
(regular/pro) register HTTP_WEFERER and not HTTP_REFERER and the value is
something like 'EXCAXZOWCONEUQZAAFXISHJEXXIMQZUIV'. I did a google search
and the information I found was on 2 pages and was very much lacking. Anyone
else run into this or know where I can find more information?