Best Mail Reader

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Oct 23 10:01:58 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 03:30:32AM -0500, Warren Raquel wrote:
} Just wondering what everyone's favorite mail programs were (on Linux of
} course). I'm looking for a good one that handles multiple accounts very well
} and handles PGP encrypted mail easily. Mentions of both GUI and console
} programs are fine, GUI pref. While we're on the subject, news readers as
} well, once again GUI or console. Thanks.

I use mutt for email, I haven't seen anything else I'd consider.  I use
tin for news, but it's got problems (and RedHat has dropped it starting
with 7.2).  slrn might be worth looking into.  All are text based, which
makes them fast, and easily used on a term to a remote machine, which I
do all the time.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com