Debian 2.4 kernel

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Wed Oct 23 16:21:05 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:18:38PM -0700, Mark Street wrote:
> Out of pure laziness, what is the name of the 2.4 kernel packages for Debian
> 3, I am in the USB device testing mood.  Are they under the UNstable or
> testing tree?

They're in stable; if you use the right boot image you even get 2.4 during
the install.

kernel-image-2.4-386
kernel-image-2.4-586tsc
kernel-image-2.4-686
kernel-image-2.4-686-smp
kernel-image-2.4-k6
kernel-image-2.4-k7
kernel-image-2.4-k7-smp

Or you can s/2.4/2.4.19/ (or .18 or .16...) to be sure you get the exact
right thing.

You'll also want to grab something like "kernel-headers-2.4.19-686".
Eric Eisenhart                                  eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
Perl, SQL, Linux and Web            ^               IRC: Freiheit at freenode
Coder, Sysadmin and geek           /e\                AIM: falsch freiheit
http://eric.eisenhart.com/         ---                       ICQ: 48217244