[NBLUG/talk] Comments: DualHead/Twinview in X, Nvidia, Mirror ing

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Tue Apr 1 13:26:01 PST 2003

I've been half-heartedly attempting to get my Matrox to work with dual-head.
I have a Marvel G400.  The Beta drivers Matrox provides for X are a little
buggy (hence "Beta"), but they are effective and they provide a version of
PowerDesk for Linux.  I need to add the lines to the XF86Config file to
enable the Dualhead support, apparently Matrox is supported more features
for the G400 than the G450, odd..  I'd like there to eventually just be a
nice installer that handles the XF86Config file for me, but I'm lazy. :)  I
was very impressed that Matrox had provided Linux drivers and the Powerdesk
app, along with rather comprehensive documentation about getting it to work.
They however, of course, are not releasing source code.  <shrugs>

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116