[NBLUG/talk] Grub noobie here

Kyle Rankin greenfly at greenfly.net
Sat Apr 19 13:20:03 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 12:56:22PM -0700, Steve wrote:
> I've been using LILO fo rso long, I decided to switch to grub in my last
> linux install, then it dawned on me, what if I need to boot into single
> user mode.. In LILO is was just "bootname single"  real simple.
>
> Anyone know how to do it in GRUB?

Are you using the grub menu?  If so, you can select which menu entry you wish to
use and then hit 'e' to edit it (and then just put single on the end).
Otherwise, if you are just using the grub console itself, then you just append
single (or init 1) to the end of the boot line you are typing.

--
Kyle Rankin (greenfly)
http://greenfly.org