[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Apr 21 23:12:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 08:56:44PM -0700, augie wrote:
}
} Andru Luvisi wrote:
} > We're planning to move soon, and I was thinking of taking the
} > opportunity to ditch PacBell/SBC DSL service.  I was wondering if
} > anyone can recommend other good DSL providers?
}
} sonic:
}
} http://www.sonic.net/sales/dsl/pacbell/index.shtml
}
} tell them augie sent you, maybe i can score a t-shirt:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tell them frankb sent you and I get a T-shirt.
(I already got the hat).

They have great news servers, their servers run Linux (RedHat), you get
a static IP, no PPPOE, they don't care what servers you run on your DSL,
you can get multiple IPs if you want them, shell access (procmail, tin,
mutt, etc), ntp servers, 80MB of space (shell + www + ftp + cgi).

They have spamassassin available and something they call graymail which
is a mailbox for your spam (as automatically detected by spamassassin).
You get one email/day with a list of sender and subject for the day's
spam.  It gets auto-deleted after a week.  With a little tweaking it's
catching 99% of my spam with near 0 false positives.

A friend had Covad DSL and had nothing but trouble with it.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com