[NBLUG/talk] A new colo box (with interesting ideas)

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Apr 22 12:03:01 PDT 2003

> With loop-aes we can encrypt each image and if the server is ever
> powered off, nothing can be gleamed from it.
[chop]
> I am looking for suggestions.
[chop]
> Any input on this?

Recent rumblings about how good AES is. Some claim to be on the edge of
breaking it. Not first hand knowledge, info from Security Course at the
uni.

What about loop-encrypt with anoyther cipher?...  I head double-XOR with
same key is very good! ;-)    (joke)

Also, consider vmware using a lo-encrypted volume. Actually have a virtual
machine that is also running Linux on Linux. Can configure multiple IP on
the main box and do pass-through for real IP on each instance of vmware.

-ME