[NBLUG/talk] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Tue Aug 12 12:40:04 PDT 2003

Lincoln -

If you have read my messages in other posts, you would know that I am
not a techie - I know just enough about Linux to get into trouble ;-)
without trying very hard.  However, I love the OS.  I have an old box
that has been purring along for three years that handles my FTP and HTTP
servers - does even have a UPS - when we lose pwoer in west Sonoma
County, it crashes, yet always comes back to life.

What I would love to be able to do is put together a computer that is
using a discontinued mother board and a "locked-down" edition Linux that
has just Open Office, an email client and a browser.  The audience would
be older folks or kids that want to do just those what those
applications provide.  No "Blue Screens"!

But maybe my goals are not realistic?