[NBLUG/talk] Wildcard Asterisk GnoPhone

error error at sonic.net
Mon Aug 18 08:59:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 08:53, Mark Street wrote:
> Yeah,..... your base would be the desktop machine for dialout though... unless
> you could use other * servers on the network that offered dialout from their
> location.

Yea, I imagine that I will be looking at * servers all over the place
;-)

It sure would be cool to deploy a wifi aware drop box that you can clip
on a line huh?

> I just deployed an * box with 2 X100P's for a company in Napa awhile back.
> And just missed out on a 30K+ bid for a 50 station PBX terminating 2 T1's
> into * running CIsco 7960 SIP Phones.

Doh!

> The VPN may give you problems depending on how you setup *.  Hang out on *
> chat #asterisk at freenode.net and join the mailing list... ask alot of
> questions... you have ALOT to learn...  It certainly ain't free....it burns a
> lot of time.

If I have a full ppp connction, why would I have problems? If it's just
a UDP port that I make a connection to, I don't see how it can be a
problem.

I imagine that I have a great deal to learn, PBX systems aren't very
simple. Not terribly hard AFAIK but not simple either.

I am on freenet right now actually ;-)

> I have use gnophone and kphone and a few other softphones with my asterisk
> server no problem.... not the best quality though.

I got gnophone to work (still really buggy), cvs is broken right now
though, so use testing...

What other softphones do you use?
What hardware phones do you use?

--