[NBLUG/talk] Fwd: OOo education marketing strategy

Justin Thiessen thiessen at sonic.net
Wed Aug 20 16:26:00 PDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> >From: Justin Thiessen <thiessen at sonic.net>
> >To: talk at nblug.org
> >Subject: RE: [NBLUG/talk] Fwd: OOo education marketing strategy
> >Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >Hm.  Sounds like it's fully open source according to:
> >
> >http://www.blender.org/bf/campaign.html
> >http://www.blender.org/bf/business.html
>
> The last time I looked at Blender was over a year ago.  It is possible that
> is has been made fully open-source since then.

Yeah.  If you'd looked at the 1st link, you would have seen:

"October 13, 2002, the Blender sources have been published under the GNU
GPL license, thanks to a succesful user-community wide donation campaign,
which resulted in collecting the required license fee of 100k EUR within a
mere 7 weeks."

And in the 2nd:

"A. blender.org services
After subscribing (gratis), you get access to the site, which includes all
user/artists services, all executable versions, all source codes. The
license for the executables and codes will be the 'copylefted GNU GPL'
license, also known as 'GPL' for short. This allows Members to freely use
and redistribute the code, but restricts building new derivations with
Blender codes to other GPLed software projects."

Justin