[NBLUG/talk] installing older versions of python

jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 27 08:00:05 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I have recently set up a new server using Mandrake 8.0.
I want to install Zope, but it requires an older version of python. I think the
default python version is 2.3, and Zope wants 2.1.3.

I downloaded a couple python 2.1.3 rpms. Now I'm getting into dependency issues.
It's looking for libcrypt.so.2, readline.so.4, and the like. I went out and
found some other rpms to cover the dependency issue, but they won't install,
because there's already a newer version there.

I've looked for documentation at python.org and zope.org, but I'm not finding
any info regarding how to set up an older version of python for Zope.

Thanks,

Jeff