[NBLUG/talk] KPPP no carrier question

icdedppl at sonic.net icdedppl at sonic.net
Sun Aug 31 16:54:01 PDT 2003

Hello,

KPPP is not hooking me up like it used to.  I used to call NoCharge in
Washington, and I never had any problems.  A window would pop up prompting
me for user-name and password.  Then a whole bunch of characters would go
scrolling by.  I can't remember if I hit some special key combination or
just went straight to Mozilla from there.  I think I just started up
Mozilla right after that, and started surfing from there.

Now, I dial up Sonic, enter user-name and password, watch the characters
scroll by, and then "no carrier" comes on the screen as I hear my modem
disconnect.

I've tried increasing the time-out setting and fiddled with some other
settings.  Mind, I didn't have to do that before.

I sure would appreciate some help.  Maybe there is a different dial-up
tool that works better?

David