[NBLUG/talk] rpm question

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Tue Dec 2 22:12:01 PST 2003

php-4.3.3-6.src.rpm is distributed with Fedora.  Install it onto your system
with an rpm -ivh php-4.3.3-6.src.rpm.  change directories to
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS and take a look at the .spec file for php.  NOTE the
configure options that are passed and how php is configured when redhat built
the stock rpm.

Now, add your configure options to the spec file in the appropriate place.

Now rebuild the source and create a custom rpm for your system.
as root;

# rpmbuild -ba php.spec
boom custom php packages

change dirs to /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ and install your custom php rpm from
there.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer