[NBLUG/talk] CD/DVD question

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sat Dec 6 00:26:01 PST 2003

I was interested in DVD writers and did some searching a while back. Here
are some useful URL:

DVD Formats (physical disks and "how" (protocol) for writing:-) )
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/faq/Item.asp?Category=227&Index=194
http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technology/dvdintro/dvd_intro.htm
http://www.liteonit.com.tw/ODD/english/english-s-faq-dvdrw.htm

Product Comparison for Drives (DVD-5 only AFAIK):
http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/computers/storage/story/0,2000023527,20266041-3,00.htm

Good tidbits here:
http://www.ecoustics.com/Home/Home_Video/DVD_Recorders/DVD_Recorder_Articles/

You can also try digging around arstechnica to see if they have articles:
http://www.arstechnica.com/
http://www.arstechnica.com/search.html

And the rcent LUGOD lists discussions:

Or search it on your own:
(search vox and vox-tech)

This would make a good presentation if anyone wants to volunteer.
(Creating DVD from Linux, Region Encoding, Software, Hardware video
compression, all-region reading, large-disk iso9660 format DVD for
software decoding, etc)

Someone want to speak on this?
(I do not have any equipment to test and show this process.)
HTH,
-ME