[NBLUG/talk] Re: CD/DVD question (Bill Kendrick)

Jim Bianchi jimbo at sonic.net
Sat Dec 6 23:23:00 PST 2003

Bill Kendrick wrote:
>That is correct.  I've burned a whopping ONE disc (4.5GB's worth of data)
>using mkisofs followed by cdrecord-ProDVD (the DVD software you
>mentioned). I have an internal Sony DRU-510A DVD+-RW.

	Thanks, Bill, ME, and everyone else who responded. I was unaware
so many DVD formats existed (DVD[1-9], DVD+, DVD RW, and so on).

>Seemed to work! Ironically, I still haven't set up the system
>(Debian/Woody) with the DVD burner to be able to READ DVDs. (Data or
movies (via Mplayer))

>However, my wife's laptop (also Debian/Woody) has a DVD-ROM drive, and
>has used it to play DVD movies (via MPlayer).

	I've a DVD drive on my laptop (RH8), and can use mplayer to view
DVDs (big whoop! They play ever so much better on my DVD/TV thingie, but
heyyy).

>I able to successfully mount and suck files off the drive.
>Worked like a charm!

	Ok, I'll have a looksee at that s'ware you mentioned above. How
much (ballpark) did that Sony DRU-510A DVD+-RW drive cost? Would you
recommend it? (4.5g is quite large enough).

--
jimbo at sonic.net       Jim Bianchi   Santa Rosa   California

Remember Flight 93 -- "Let's roll!"