[NBLUG/talk] nblug newbie here, distro+applic. query...

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 9 00:58:00 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:51:16AM -0800, Mark Street wrote:

> Open Office, JDK, JRE are all hefty pieces of software much too large for
> modem traffic.  You better pick a distro that comes with at least open
> office, and some form of JRE if you want java functionality in OO to run.
> (Not required)

Or have someone with high-speed + CD burner make a copy for you.

I've got a stack of OpenOffice.org discs I'll be giving away (along with
Knoppixes) at a PC user group meeting later this week.  They include
OOo for various platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)

If I have extras, I'll be giving them out at the upcoming LUGOD meetings,
no doubt... :)

-bill!