[NBLUG/talk] Red Hat Install issues

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Tue Dec 9 11:16:03 PST 2003

My laptop installs on my Dell Latitude CPi series laptop have always gone
smoothly (installed RH 8, then Debian 3.0r1 Woody).  I installed on an old
Toshiba Satellite Pro 445 (I think that's the model) and it went smooth as
glass, if maybe a bit slow.

I've seen it go in smoothly on IBM Thinkpads as well and Gateway Solos.
Though I've seen problems with HP and Compaq units, and with Acers.

Just thought I'd throw that in there so people don't think that it's a pain
installing Linux on most laptops..  I've had pretty good experience with it.
:)

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116