[NBLUG/talk] hardware or software error

Bob Blick bobblick at covad.net
Thu Dec 11 21:28:00 PST 2003

Here's a followup.

Replaced the IDE cable. "hda: lost interrupt"
Removed network card. "hda: lost interrupt"

I have another computer, also Pentium II, but a different motherboard. I
put the hard drive, video card, network card, and sound card in it. It
worked fine, I ran it for an hour, no problem.

Then I put everything back into the original computer, and the problem
came right back. I spent an hour fiddling with different bios settings, but
it still gives the errors.

Are those IDE controller cards that sometimes get bundled with huge
hard drives any good? Perhaps that would be a way for me to salvage
this motherboard.

-Bob