[NBLUG/talk] OT: small notebooks

Steve Smith sjs at sonic.net
Fri Dec 12 21:31:01 PST 2003

I saw a nice little Acer a few days ago.  It wasn't as small
as the Vaio T1A or the Fujitsu but it did look like a 12
inch screen.

I was recently looking at laptops and wanted a small one.  I
bought an Avantec and ended up taking it back because the
keyboard had the backspace undersied and in a strange place
and the function and control keys were reversed.  Make sure
the keyboard works for you!

If you're really interested in the Fujitsu, make sure you
check out http://www.greenfly.org.  One of the guys in the
group has a fujitsu and this is his site.  It's one of the
nicest "how to linux laptop" sites I've seen.  I'd lean
towards the fujitsu just because of this site.

I have a big old clunky hp with a 15 inch screen by the way,
and I'm happy enough with it.  I put SuSE 9 on it without a
hitch and so far everything has worked.

Steve S.