Tonight's meeting

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Tue Feb 11 17:50:48 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:21:44PM -0800, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> hehehe...i hate to respond to this question with a question, but...  is
> anyone willing to take on the task of looking into what it would take to
> broadcast our meetings over something like real (or some other
> platform-independant medium)???  i've taped a few meetings (with brad's
> help), but never gotten the tim to convert them into movies to post.
>
> i think it'd be a great thing to do, and we could even have a meeting about
> how we broadcast our meetings.  hehe..

I think broadcasting our meetings (real video, streaming mpeg, non-streaming
mpeg, NTSC, real audio, streaming mp3, non-streaming mp3, whatever) is a
great idea.

All I'd ask is:
1) the filming be done in a non-obtrusive manner with any necessary setup
   done before 7:30.
2) I don't have to do much beyond sending this email just now.

okay, and:
3) it doesn't bump the nblug.org server's bandwidth over 10GB/month.

I suppose, also:
4) there, somehow, still be a network port available for presenters to use.

All that said, though, I *love* the idea of making meetings available via
multimedia to those who missed them or to those who can't be present right
at the moment.

Heck, get a live video+audio feed and have one person hop onto #nblug to
relay questions, too, while we're at it...  that'd totally rock.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life