[NBLUG/talk] ftpd

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Tue Feb 18 11:09:00 PST 2003

Well, I always recommend using sftp/scp over anything (except maybe WebDAV
for it's integration with Dreamweaver).  But I do happen to have an FTP
server running..  I use vsftpd, it's fairly easy to configure, 'V'ery
'S'ecure, and fast.  I'd take a look..  There's RPMs for it available..  I
think I found it on www.freshrpms.net (for Redhat).  I'm sure there's RPMs
for other Redhatish distribs on www.rpmfind.net, too.

Good luck to you!  And remember!  Encryption, of AT LEAST the password, is
DEFINITELY better than using clear-text.  Someone mentioned to me awhile
back, "Only send your password in clear-text if you trust EVERY person that
can access ANY machine along your route to the server"..

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116