dual boot

troy fryman at sonic.net
Wed Jan 1 16:14:35 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 10:58:02AM -0800, Joseph McCarty wrote:
> I have Win2k on my machine's SCSI drive.  I added an IDE primary
> master on which I installed RedHat.  Grub booted Linux fine, but not
> Windows.  Windows did not work right after the Linux install, even
> when I used CMOS setup to change the boot drive from IDE to SCSI.
>
> The "Multiboot with GRUB Mini-HOWTO" differs from my situation in that
> the author is using one hard disk.  Also, he installs Red Hat first,
> and then Win2k.  I'm hoping to keep my Windows drive intact.
>
> Any thoughts?

Presuming you have an appropriate entry for w2k in your grub.conf, what
happens if you edit boot.ini on your w2k boot drive?  You know, the line
that sez something like:

I'm really not sure of the syntax, but you might change disk(0) to
disk(1) and give it a whirl.  Looking up the proper syntax might even be
smarter...

Also, with all due respect to Mark, google (particularly google groups) is my
favorite guru =) You might check there.

-ta