kismet anyone?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Fri Jan 10 14:13:53 PST 2003

I'm with Mark on the quality of wlan-ng, but you're right -- it seems to
be the only way to get these prism2 cards working with kismet.  And
Kismet is very cool.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:08:13AM -0800, augie wrote:
 > What is the interfaces name? (it should be wlan0 if your using that junk code)
>
> the IF name is eth1.
>
> the kernel module i'm useing is wlan_cs.

I have kismet (v2.6) working with wlan-ng, but it wants the prism2_cs
kernel module.  Is it possible that your kernel is loading the pcmcia-cs
driver rather than the one kismet builds?

I'm not sure what else to tell you.  Hotplug/pcmcia/wlan is mostly a
hodgepodge of shell scripts.  Grab a beverage and start chasing...

-t