[NBLUG/talk] New subscriber to the list!

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Jul 5 18:41:02 PDT 2003

augie wrote:

>.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome (not making me feel anymore stupid
than I already do - as though all of my time with computers is for
naught) :-).

<<<
To enable InterBase support configure PHP --with-interbase[=DIR], where
DIR is the InterBase base install directory, which defaults
to/usr/interbase.

I am not sure where to put this command...at what stage in the process
Mike detailed so well.  The "phpinfo()" command says that Interbase is
not included: http://209.204.172.137:8080/testphp.php.

In the system I put together 3 years ago, I was able to integrate it:
http://209.204.172.137:8080/testphp.php

In spite of the negative reports I have read about Apache 2, I would
like to try and use the issued RH 9 setup with just the addition of
Interbase (which I have installed) in PHP.

Maybe I am asking for something that is not possible.  However, isn't
there some script that is part of my RH 9 that tells PHP what to include
during the setup?

Sorry for these questions, but as I have said, this is a world that
speaks a different language (and I think it is quite a bit simpiler than
the Windows environment - just have to learn it).

Todd