[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Jul 9 06:26:01 PDT 2003

I installed RH 9 on a box and Samba ran great: copying files from the NT
box to the Linux box and visa versa.  Then I tried to recompile Apache
with some additional extensions to PHP only to get the system fairly
well tied up, so I reinstalled Apache and the other servers from the RH
disks which I believe included Samba.  Now my copying files to Linux is
very slow, but coming the other way is fast.

Not being proficient with Linux, I am not sure where to look for the
problem.  Any suggestions?

Todd