[NBLUG/talk] sa-learn system wide...

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Jul 15 12:31:02 PDT 2003

Dustin Mollo said:
> hey all,
>
> i was wondering if anyone here has setup spamassassin, using spambayes and
> the sa-learn system wide for non-shell access users.  i've seen tips for
> how
> to do this using some public imap folders that folks can drop email into
> help train spamassassin, but i haven't actually seen mention of anyone
> doing
> (just read faqs.)
>
> the other problem i see is that in our environment, we are running more
> than
> one spamassassin server at any given time and need the db's to be in sync
> across multiple platforms.
>
> any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -dustin

A better question would be this:

Is is possible to enable bayes filtering and have sa-lern work when SA
settings are stored in a sql db?

I could be wrong, but I am not sure that this is possible unless a
separate instance of SA that uses local storage for the bayes db that are
created.

If it is possible to do this, then how can you guarantee locking of a
shared db (the bayes db) across multiple servers?

-ME