[NBLUG/talk] urmpi mini-howto

augie augie at schwer.us
Tue Jul 22 09:05:01 PDT 2003

Warren Raquel wrote:
> Last I saw this was installed by default on the last couple of Mandrake
> systems. I liked it a lot but from what I read it was Mandrake specific.
> Does it work for other RPM dependant distros?

whoops! sorry, i didn't realize it was so mandrake specific. the source
is perl, and is available here:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/cooker/urpmi.html

in source-rpm style. the other source package i think you would need is
the rpmtools package:

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=rpmtools&submit=Search+...

which seems to include some executables, a man page, and a perl module.

of course i can't say whether mandrake and other distro packages are
written differently such that this still wouldn't work.

augie.

p.s. i'll email the author and see what he has to say about urpmi on
other distros.

--
irc.nblug.org #nblug
registered linux user #229905