[NBLUG/talk] advice needed

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Jun 4 13:49:00 PDT 2003

} On Wednesday 04 June 2003 10:33, Jim Bianchi wrote:
} > 	I'd like to check out my laptop. To do this, I want to run a pgm
} > that will 'exercise' the CPU (i.e., make it execute some pgm that
} > essentially does nothing except load the system). This is as opposed to
} > just letting it sit (where the CPU isn't loaded, it's just taking care of
} > business as it usually does when the system is idle).

How long do you want to run it for?
There are a variety of distributed processing projects you could run.

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu
folding.stanford.edu
distributed.net
etc.