[NBLUG/talk] - KeRnEl ReCoMpIlE?

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Jun 4 14:44:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:14:03PM -0700, Micxz (lovedialup.com) wrote:
> First off I would like to say hello to everyone. "Hello". I want to let
> everyone know I'm new to this list but NOT new to the area (sonoma co.)
> I reside in Occidental.
> I'm still fairly new to Linux as well. Even though I've used it for four
> years or more. Can't believe I never found this list before.

Hello there.  Welcome to the list.

> My question is how do I go about learning about upgrading or recompiling
> the kernel?
> I've heard it's not to hard and needs to be done fairly often?
> Were is the official how-to?
> Is there a special way it should be done on different linux releases?

Oddly enough, this is the topic for our next meeting, which is next Tuesday
in Sebastopol.  I suggest coming to the meeting and learning about it there,
though I'm sure there's people that can answer your questions on the list,
too.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Vice-President Pro Tempore