[NBLUG/talk] ifconfig

Steve srj at adnd.com
Thu Jun 5 11:41:00 PDT 2003

Also when which and locate don't work you can use find

find / -name ifconfig

This can take a while tho =) oh and I always toss a 2>/dev/null at the end
of it so I don't see any errors..

find / -name ifconfig 2>/dev/null

-Steve

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:39:58AM -0700, troy wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:35:19AM -0700, Radford Spaeth wrote:
> >
> >    I seemed to have lost ifconfig.  I use to be able to type it and get a
> >    response.  Now I get a "bad command not found" message.  How can I fix
> >    this?  Where is ifconfig located?  What could I have done to make it
> >    disappear?
>
> It's usually located in /sbin so:
> # /sbin/ifconfig
>
> Some commands to help when you don't know where something is:
> which ifconfig
> locate ifconfig
>
> As to why it disappeared?  Probably your $PATH environment variable got changed.
> If that's the case, you can add this to .bashrc in your home directory:
>
> export PATH=$PATH:/sbin
>

> -troy

----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu