[NBLUG/talk] Want a SPARC IPX?

Steve srj at adnd.com
Thu Jun 5 14:35:01 PDT 2003

First off , I don't want it =)  But I just wanted to confirm these
will run sparc Linux just fine, a little slow, but fun to play with.
 I had one of these kicking around on my desk at sonic for a long
time.. the IPX is a neat little box nick named 'The Lunch Box' becuase
of its square shape and neat way it unfolds to open.

I gave mine to one to the sonic techs, never seen hide nore hair of
it again =)

-Steve

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 05:31:13PM -0400, Chris White wrote:
> Does anyone on this list want an old Sun SPARC IPX machine with some outboard SCSI disk drives, a CD, 5mm tape drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.?  I've heard it will run SPARC linux (I've never tried it myself).  It has had its CPU upgraded, and it has 64 MB of RAM (that's all it will hold).
>
> If anyone is interested, E-mail me privately or give me a call (info below) and we'll arrange something.
>
> --Chris
>
> ____________________________________
> Christopher White
> Senior Consultant
> Corel Professional Services
> 1310 Redwood Way, Ste. 120
> Petaluma  CA  94954
> Office: 707-794-7000 x16
> FAX: 707-794-7009

----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu