[NBLUG/talk] OT: Primes revisited

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Fri Jun 6 21:18:00 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:16:36PM -0700, Steve Zimmerman wrote:
}  Steve Zimmerman wrote:
}
} > } I'm lost, but not terribly concerned about it.  I have that rpm installed
} > } under which I see the "primes" program at frankb.us/stuff, but
} > } when I go `whereis primes' I get the classic blank stare: `primes:'.
}
} E. Frank Ball replied:
}
} > Did you set the file permissions to execute?  chmod a+x primes
} > Is primes somewhere which is in your PATH?
}
} Thank you for your help, Frank.  What is the use of setting file
} permissions if I don't have primes, which it doesn't look like I do?
} Similarly, how could primes be in my $PATH if I don't have it?
} If it's anywhere on my system, `whereis primes' would find it,
} would it not?

You noticed my web page, I thought you downloaded it.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com