[NBLUG/talk] NBLUG website critique

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Sun Jun 8 21:54:00 PDT 2003

At 09:04 PM 6/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Rob Orsini said:
> > At 02:37 AM 6/8/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >>Overall, I like the new look...
> >
> > Me too, and no one asked but I want to throw in my two cents.  I'm
> > wondering if the whole site would be easier on the reader and more usable
> > if the 'center' tag we're to be deprecated.  To me it's one of those tags
> > that loses it's usefulness if it's never not used.
>
>What parts? (Specifics are helpful)

Only in the text content area (right side) or each page that has a content
area.

>The trailer?
>The tables in the navigation bar?
>The titles?
>The banner?
>
>All of the above?
>
> > Sorry to be picky, but
> > it just had to get that off my chest.
>
>No, no, I like the suggestions, but want to get a firm grasp of specifics.
>I can then try it out on a page and take a survey. Let me know if you want
>to be included in the test review and I can e-mail you with a sample test
>URL.
>
>Thanks!
>-ME

The use of the center tag for positioning graphics and navigation elements
is not what I was referring to.  I was referring to  text in the body area
of all of the pages.  If I had to apply one rule to the site it would be to
left align any text content, saving centering for emphasis of headings and
the like.  To me, this would make the content much easier to digest.

I'd be glad to review or even help with any part of the site.

-Rob