[NBLUG/talk] Request for assistance for August Meeting

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sat Jun 14 11:46:01 PDT 2003

error said:
>>  kismet
>>  gpg (key-signing party maybe info on how it works/what to do)
>

> I am willing/able to talk about these two programs at length.
>
> In addition, I wouldn't mind talking about: Snort, portsentry, scanrand,
> nmap, smb-nat, etc (security stuff).

I know you have made extended use of kismet and think you tied it together
with gps. You have also spent a lot of time working in detail with the
other applications you mention. A talk of how you have used kismet and
many of these other applications could easily take a whole meeting!

I was really looking for brief introductions, while I know you can offer
much more detail than can be covered in a short inftro.

Originally, I had augie semi-penciled in for gpg, and spoke to Kyle at the
end of the last meeting about his desire to present and had him included
before now. If augie is willing to skip it, then you can get the gpg
presentation.

On another topic, would you be willing to provide the other apps you have
listed above in a full presentation in November?

-ME