[NBLUG/talk] SCO Suit Now Seeks $3 Billion from IBM

troy fryman at sonic.net
Wed Jun 18 12:20:02 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 04:08:07AM -0700, Edward Mendoza wrote:

> I hope that everyone in this forum has made a committed decision to
> completely boycott all SCO products.

Well, at the last installfest we had a Caldera OpenLinux (SCO)
destruction-fest.  A dozen or so boxes of this Linux distribution were
unceremoniously stripped of their offending CD's and the cardboard and
paper inside was recycled.

Too bad, 'cause the "Santa Cruz Operation" was a cool name for a
business, and they had a fine heritage.

I like Eric's poker analogy.  And I like that IBM has thus far played
the game with ice water in their corporate veins.

-troy