[NBLUG/talk] How to remove old Netscape

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Jun 18 22:42:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:05:58PM -0700, Harry Heim wrote:
} Hi,
} I have Netscape Navigator 4.78 and Netcape 7.02 on Red Hat 7.2.  I saw
} somewhere there is a remove command/utility for the older N/S but cannot
} find it.  Anyone have an idea?

Netcape 7.02 on Red Hat 7.2?  I assume it was leftover from a previous
RedHat version and was installed without an rpm?

First make sure it wasn't installed via rpm:

rpm -qa | grep netscape

If there is an old rpm remove it with rpm -e

Otherwise the old netscape stuff is probably all in a directory
/usr/local/netscape or /usr/netscape or something like that and you can
just delete the whole directory (move it somewhere else first to make
sure you don't need it).  It's been years since I had netscape installed
this way, so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com