[NBLUG/talk] Debian

Kyle Rankin greenfly at greenfly.net
Wed Jun 25 15:41:00 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:28:46PM -0700, Steve wrote:
> I'm thinking about moving to debian, anyone know a fast mirror site to
> download the ISOs?  Also any gotchas I need to watch out for
> when doing this.. I figured I would just nuke my RH8.0 partition and start
> over.. There really isnt any data worth saving on this box anyways =)
>
> -Steve

Honestly, there are a ton of debian isos.  Your best bet is to download the
netinst cd of your choice.  The main ones are listed here:
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

My preferred one is the XFS netinst cd simply because I like using XFS as
the filesystem on my computers.  You download this cd and it installs the
base packages you need to get going, and then you download the rest off the
net as you need them.  This way you aren't downloading 8 or 9 ISOs.

--
Kyle Rankin (greenfly)
http://greenfly.org