[NBLUG/talk] Crystal Reports??

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Mar 5 15:12:00 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:57:24PM -0800, Warren Raquel wrote:
> >From my limited experience it creates cutomized reports by pulling
> information directly from a database. I just need something that I can
> create a report in, set up fields to draw from a MySQL database, and be
> able to print out.  In my case I need to make client statements on
> financial accounts. Customized client logo at the top, my company logo
> somewhere else, client info, list of payments, list of charges, etc..

http://freshmeat.net/projects/agatareport
http://freshmeat.net/projects/dteq
http://freshmeat.net/projects/xreporter
http://freshmeat.net/projects/datavision
http://freshmeat.net/projects/reportman
http://dba.openoffice.org/

And, of course, my personal favorite combination:
http://www.perl.com/ + http://dbi.perl.org/ + DBD::mysql

Actually, the only one I've used was Perl+DBI+DBC::something.  With more
thorough implementations of SQL than MySQL provides you can often figure out
a query that gives you exactly the dataset you need without much need for
calculations afterwards.  (it's all about aggregate functions, subqueries
and set operations.)
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life