[NBLUG/talk] sendmail configuration help

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Mon Mar 24 12:56:01 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:18:23PM -0800, Glen Gunsalus wrote:
> The additional line in hosts.allow suggested by eric is essential.
> (I did additions sequentially and tested :-) ).

Yeah, the hosts.allow bit presented a bit of a surprise to me at work a
while back.  It also behaves *completely* differently than most applications
where hosts.allow/hosts.deny isn't allowing access.  Most services simply
refuse connections or close connections immediately (accepting no data);
sendmail allows a connection but gives a 550 error to everything beyond a
very small set of commands.  (EHLO, HELO, HELP, QUIT)
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore