[NBLUG/talk] making DSL run faster

error error at sonic.net
Thu May 1 16:16:01 PDT 2003

> I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not even sure how to, but I really want
> to, but this code is way over my head.  Any comments from the guru's?
>
> Can I just edit the speeds in the CBQ script, run it, and magic will
> happen?  I'm using Debian woody with Kernel 2.2.something (ipchains).

I am not a guru.

With that said, I think your going to want to use the 2.4 kernel.

I have done the advanced routing for lots of cool stuff (including
multihomed boxes that load balance).

I would imagine that if you just set up a good kernel (I have a config
laying around if you want it) and run those commands (as set up for your
machine) it should work fine.

You don't need bsd ;-)

But then again they haven't had a remote root hole in...[insert witty
comment about nothing running =! secure server]...

Perhaps that helps.

--
error <error at sonic.net>