[NBLUG/talk] The Advantages of Linux

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 15:19:01 PDT 2003

>The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) provides an Adobe PhotoShop-like
>graphics dev space. I like it more than PhotoShop. I dont use Adobe
>Illustrator or Fireworks, and dont do much PDF creation, so others may
>have ideas here.

I am by no means an expert on Photoshop or the GIMP, but the only thing I've
found to be in Photoshop but not the GIMP is the "magnetic lasso"
(essentially a free-hand selection tool with edge detection; useful for
doing cut-and-paste with photographs).  Otherwise, it seems that the GIMP is
at least as powerful as Photoshop.