[NBLUG/talk] When will the day come?

Edward Mendoza lorca at sonic.net
Tue May 6 18:54:00 PDT 2003

Excellent point! Things brings me to a new question:

Someone else here commented that the Linux os and, in particular, the
applications that are programmed for its environment are like a snowball
effect because there is always someone out there making it better with new
code. But the "snowball" has not yet grown big enough and fast enough to
bring us programs that totally kick ass on the leading bitmap graphics
applications (Photoshop and Painter), the vector graphics applications
(Illustrator and Freehand), or the leading text editing applications
(essentially only MsWord), etc.

When will the day come? The longer it takes the Linux community to develop
applications that are at least comparable to the popular ones used by most
victims of Microcrap, the longer it will take for there to be a major shift
in the market from windoze to the superior Linux.

Anyone dare to answer this question?

Edward

> > doing cut-and-paste with photographs).  Otherwise, it seems that the
GIMP

--
error <error at sonic.net>