[NBLUG/talk] Use of Linux w/o an Office Suite?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu May 15 22:31:02 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:42:56PM -0700, ME wrote:
<snip>
> Embedded devices

Oh yeah!  My TiVo runs just fine without an office application. ;^)
(They run Linux, you know!)

My Sharp Zaurus DOES happen to have some office applications
(Hancom Mobile Word, Mobile Sheet and Mobile Presenter), but honestly,
I never use them.

I use my Zaurus mostly as a PIM (personal information manager;
e.g., Addressbook, Calendar, To-Do List, Shopping List), and for
playing games when I'm sitting somewhere bored, and for browsing the web,
chatting on IRC and checking my e-mail when I'm at a cafe with wireless.[*]
;^)

-bill!
[*] Make that "Free wireless" ;^)