[NBLUG/talk] Red Hat 9.0 font control from the command line

Steve Zimmerman stevetux at sonic.net
Mon May 19 07:54:00 PDT 2003

In Red Hat 7.2 one may change font sizes from the command line like this:
right click from the terminal emulator-> Fonts-> Choose from menu to change
font size.  It's quick and easy.

In 8.0, changing font size requires one to exit the terminal emulator
altogether and do several extra point and clicks
before one can change the font size.  Then by the time you're back in the
terminal emulator you're feeling all smudgy inside, 'cause you're
saying to yourself, "How could they screw up something so
wonderful?"  Then you remind yourself that you couldn't program
yourself out of a paper bag to save your life, and you settle down : -)

My question is: Does RH 9.0 correct this problem?  I.e., does RH 9.0
have the easy-changing font feature back again???

See, I'm old--I'm not a young person like many of you.  My eyes need
bigger fonts sometimes, 'cause I read a lot of source code.  Also, I
like to make it real small sometimes to get one newline per line.
So I'd like to upgrade to 9.0, but it would be way too uncomfortable
for me unless I get my easy fonts back.

You people are so helpful, and I really appreciate Kat, Dustin, Eric
and all the helpers.  You've made my transition into Linux a lot
easier than it would otherwise have been.  Thanks  : -)