[NBLUG/talk] Evolution and Yahoo?

Sebastian list at mindling.com
Mon May 26 23:42:00 PDT 2003

So I'm taking the plunge. After years of Linux on servers, Linux in
closets, Linux on administrative laptops, I'm giving it an honest go as
my primary desktop OS at home. I'm incredibly amazed at Mandrake 9.1,
and its smooth install and thorough hardware detection. Likewise, amazed
at the progress that Gnome has made in the last year or so. I've always
preferred KDE, in the rare times I even install X, but that's now
changed. The current Gnome is VERY slick.

As I configure all the necessities, a few little (Q)uestions and
(C)omments have bubbled up so far:

Q) Is anyone out there syncing Evolution calendar data with Yahoo
calendar in any shape or form? I've been using "Act" locally, and Yahoo
remotely, and syncing the two with Yahoo's Intellisync. What are my
options now? (I'm open to ditching yahoo in favor of self-hosted Horde,
etc, if a sync is more feasible there.)

C) Evolution is amazing, btw. Ayep.

C) GNU-Cash is too!

Q) XMMS: How would I go about adding "enqueue in XMMS" as a context-menu
action to all folders and all MP3 files in Gnome (Nautilus)? Is there a
folder somewhere that has those types of system-wide links in them?

Q) XMMS: Is there a trick to getting XMMS to actually "stay on top", and
also to _not_ show up in the taskbar panel?

C) Finally, a sound mixer that actually WORKS! ie, maintains levels
between applications.

C) Gnome picked up all the installed truetype fonts from my Windows boot
partition automatically. That's way cool. :)

Q) Can one install adobe fonts? (PFB/PFM files?)

Right, that's enough from me for now. I'm sure there'll be more.