[NBLUG/talk] Newbie and grub>

Jennifer Tracy tiny_tyrant at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 00:12:00 PDT 2003

William,

Well I fought with it all weekend.  What a way to spend a holiday, eh?

Anyway,  my system ( except for the brand new 20GB harddrive ) is built from
spare parts we have lying around from clients old computers.  Turns out that
the floppy controller on my motherboard doesn't work. Made it a bit
difficult to get any floppy boot disk working. :-)

Found a couple of threads else where about grub and having an NTFS partition
as part of the MBR.

Ended up wiping the drive entirely.  Making a little FAT16 partition at the
beginning (500MB).  Then installing Linux with LILO as the boot loader and
hey I just logged off my first session with linux.  Woo Hoo!

I will install Windows XP on it tomorrow and hope I don't mess the whole
thing up again. :-)

Jenn