[NBLUG/talk] The Romans' ban on zero

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Thu May 29 15:37:00 PDT 2003

This was a private email.  I sent it privately because I prefer not to
criticize people publicly.  In general, it is polite to ask someone before
publishing things they said in a private email.  However, since you made
this public, I will respond publicly.

You did not offend me.  I am not angry at you.  You have made it
frustrating for me to share information with you, and I was trying to
offer some advice on how to avoid doing that.  Take it or leave it.  It is
a free country.

Speaking on behalf of myself only:

How you respond to someone else's attempt to help you effects my
perception of what I can potentially expect when I try to help you.

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  Appel's method avoids making a large number of small trampoline bounces
  by occasionally jumping off the Empire State Building.
                  -- Henry G. Baker, "Cheney on the M.T.A."