[NBLUG/talk] Ping, Introduction

Jeff Hemminger jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org
Sat May 31 11:59:00 PDT 2003

> Welcome, thanks for posting... SME is pretty slick isn't it? Once you
> wrap your head around the configuration templates, the possibilities
> abound. Are you doing any tape backups on it? I'm just trying the Arkeia
> contrib on mine, but it's funky. It won't recognize when I change the
> tape on my Travan 10/20 drive, and keeps asking for a new one. :( I
> admit that I haven't spent hardly any time diagnosing though...

I do like SME. It kinda feelings like I'm cheating, but like, "it just
runs" out of the box and serves its purpose well on an old 400 Celeron.
I messed around with some template configuration, but only very
minimally. I haven't done tape backups.

I installed the Port Open rpm, and set up phpMyAdmin but the Port Open
functionality isn't working. So I'll be getting into template
configuration soon. I installed Furthurnet on a desktop, and it's
connecting via IRC but not on port 15XXX, so that's going to need to
change.

Thanks for the IRC tip.

Jeff