[NBLUG/talk] Spam

ME dugan at passwall.com
Fri Nov 7 14:35:01 PST 2003

Yes, it was: http://www.nblug.org/presentations/spam/ )

I do not know of any plans to do another presentation on spam in the near
future. However, the configuration and use of SpamAssassin is well
documented on their site. The presentation on spam was more along the
lines of:

1) What is it (different defs, different kinds)
2) What tools exist help people deal with it
3) Some examples of things in each tool

We left the installation and configuration to the end users if they
decided they liked the features enough to learn how to use it and install
it.

There would need to be sufficient group interrest in order to cover setup,
configuration, and installation of SpamAssassin. This becomes especially
difficullt when you consider the various packaging systems and formats
that might be used in different distributions.

Some suggestions for meeting topics in the future include:
+ Configuring Apache web server
+ Configuring filtering and firewall-like rules for Linux
+ War Driving / GPS with wireless
+ Virtualization of Linux instances
+ A combination presentation
  * Useful features in web browsers (like Mozilla)
  * Useful tricks and techniques with openssh (tunneling)

Of course, now that I am in school, I do not have time to present, and
though I planned to offer another presentation in January, I will be
moving in January and won't have time then either.

Earliest I will be able to help present anything will be June 2004.

NBLUG Is actually looking for speakers and topics. Any volunteers?

-ME